(Update: I got an email from LingoDeer thanking me for my honest feedback in this review. On this screen, even before I tried clicking a button my feeling was that it could use a bit of adjustment. LingoDeer's language courses teach: alphabet, vocabulary, grammar, travel phrases and pronunciation, etc. There are a few screens like that at the end of each level, and if you want to hear the readout of the sounds as you do them, you have to flip a toggle on the screen because the sound is off by default. Besides double-checking their English, I would really focus on the UI and making an engaging experience with different “paths” the user can take depending on what they want to focus on. Before you start a level in the Alphabet section, you can flip a toggle for whether you want to learn Hiragana or Katakana. LingoDeer es una aplicación que está hecha para personas de cualquier parte fuera de Asia, quienes son nuevos en estos idiomas tan misteriosos y hermosos a la vez. LingoDeer is a language-learning app for the three major east Asian languages, Korean, Mandarin Chinese, and Japanese. Oh, and there is offline learning! Aprender tu idioma asiático favorito con una aplicación es ahora un sueño hecho realidad. Having to flip it every single time just to get the automatic audio got annoying pretty quickly. Share quick LingoDeer: Learn Spanish, Japanese, Korean & more review with others and describe your own experience or read existing feedback. Hello there! In the LingoDeer Japanese, the Alphabet lesson includes a very interesting section on Japanese letters and the different forms of writing that you will encounter when learning Japanese. LingoDeer. The “Settings” screen also had a few oddities: two options for Chinese characters (nothing for Japanese?) One of the most popular free apps for learning Japanese is Duolingo. and a missing “s” on the “Sound Effect” setting. I do want to note that, other than the obvious language difference between this review and my review of LingoDeer’s Korean course, there is also a huge difference in my perspective between both of these reviews. Self-studying a new language with LingoDeer is … As I said in my review of LingoDeer (Korean), the LingoDeer app’s design and interface is very clean and visually appealing. With an easy-to-use interface and quality audio, plus simple but easy to understand grammar explanations, it’s an unintimidating place to start. Text. The app downloaded quickly and was pretty simple to set up. I have actually never used a source that teaches them together in this way, and I really like it because it made it easier for me to remember the Katakana. Grid View List View. Once I selected my language and chose my level, I was presented with a scrollable screen of “Learn” options in a set of staggered squares. For new users this might be confusing. Learn Korean,Japanese and Chinese Free - LingoDeer Reviews and opinions written by visitors like you in a few seconds without registration. I did see there were two buttons on a menu on the bottom of the screen that I hadn’t tried yet: Review and Me. If you choose the lowest possible number (five) and do a single level perfectly, your study for the day is complete. It’s not always obvious what is interactive and was isn’t, more consistent use of colors would help. The grammar notes are very informative, and the lessons are not too heavy. There was some omissions (onomonopia was not talked about in the basic description of Katakana usages) and unprofessional text (“There are massive amounts of Kanji in the Japanese language…” [italics mine]). Learn Japanese, Korean & Chinese with LingoDeer Learn Japanese, Korean, Chinese fast and easy | LingoDeer. While it sounds obvious that this is where you should start, it’s not always the case with other resources.For each language, I found the alphabet section to be quite comprehensive, perhaps overly so even. Then one day I stumbled across LingoDeer on the AppStore. There is not an option to change the app’s clock to sync to your time zone. Just as the Korean course had extensive Hangul charts, there are interactive Hiragana and Katakana charts in the Japanese course. I wish LIngoDeer the best of luck in improving their app, and I open to writing a second review if things get improved. I’d been thinking about maybe getting a new, stronger router anyway…. Overall, this app looks good and I'm willing to use it more. LingoDeer: Learn Spanish, Japanese, Korean & more Reviews and opinions written by visitors like you in a few seconds without registration. I guess things are grouped vertically by lessons, but I wish there was a better way to show that visually. However, I am nowhere near the same level in Japanese, so this review is written from much more of a beginning learner perspective, with a bit of my teacher brain as far as what is and isn’t effective for language learning thrown in. The pros and cons: Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Lots of good notes and information on grammar, Spaced repetition practice and flashcards, Lessons that are informative and useful without being overwhelming. However, there seems to be a little bug such that sometimes when I go to the charts they don’t read out when I press the spaces. Now, keep in mind I have been doing a lot of proofreading lately, so I’m extra sensitive to nuances in English text. LingoDeer is a very comprehensive language learning app, that is also available on desktop. Download Learn Korean, Japanese or Spanish with LingoDeer for PC - free download Learn Korean, Japanese or Spanish with LingoDeer for PC/Mac/Windows 7,8,10, Nokia, Blackberry, Xiaomi, Huawei, Oppo… - free download Learn Korean, Japanese or Spanish with LingoDeer Android app, install Android apk app for PC, download free android apk files at choilieng.com The pronunciation was fluent and sounded like a native speaker, but I wish the app would have told me about this interactivity sooner. This app is currently structured 100% for beginners in the sense that you must start with the first level. Now that I’ve gotten that out of the way, let’s jump on in! After I swipe to the right I see い and then get a simple test where I have to pick the character based on an audio clip. Currently LingoDeer features 10 different languages: English Japanese, Korean, Spanish, French, Chinese, German, Portuguese, Vietnamese, and Russian. LingoDeer is a language-learning app for the three major east Asian languages, Korean, Mandarin Chinese, and Japanese. Photo. LingoDeer is a language-learning app for the three major east Asian languages, Korean, Mandarin Chinese, and Japanese. However, I think with some refinement it can become a much better app. Other quizzes involved hearing a sentence in Japanese and writing it in Hiragana. I clicked on “Introduction” and had a spinner for 3-4 seconds followed by another progress bar on another screen, and then got to page with a description about Japanese writing. But my biggest concern here was not the content itself–it was the fact that I downloaded an app and was being asked to basically read a webpage. Learn Japanese online with courses designed by real teachers. However, I notice that the app does not sync to your phone’s clock but some other clock. As for actually learning, there is a variety of activities including word-picture matching, listening and choosing the right answer, inserting grammatical elements into the right places, and unscrambling sentences, and more. Maybe this will get me back on track with studying Japanese, anyway. Learn languages smarter, not harder! Also, you have to flip the toggle every new screen rather than flipping it once and that being your setting for the level. Share quick Learn Korean,Japanese and Chinese Free - LingoDeer review with others and describe your own experience or read existing feedback. Feel free to skip it if you read that one!). Maybe some people like the hints, but I could do without them for sure. Maybe it’s the time of the app’s server time? ... LingoDeer Review: Final Thoughts. LingoDeer Review - What to expect from the app, is it time for you to try it? LingoDeer Vs Duolingo: Which One Is Better For Beginners? You can click on the individual spaces to have the sounds read out, which I liked. I’m not sure why I saw these since I think I had gone through enough material to get at least basic vocab review. Click here for instructions on how to enable JavaScript in your browser. Again, the sound files in this app are really great, so you can hear the sounds very clearly. As I said in my review of LingoDeer (Korean), the LingoDeer app’s design and interface is very clean and visually appealing. Adding “will” after the “I” sounds much better. Also, there is spaced repetition listening practice, which is pretty cool. Overall, while I think this app has potential it is plagued by a lot of little annoyances: unnatural English, awkward interface, and no easy way to skip ahead. In order to post comments, please make sure JavaScript and Cookies are enabled, and reload the page. Join me on my language adventures! Also, as I mentioned in my LingoDeer (Korean) review, this app is fairly quiet. Firstly, whilst Duolingo is more a collection of sentenc I just wish the learning levels had some speaking practice! Human Japanese didn't give me the SRS part I want and Duolingo and Memrise didn't give me enough grammar information so I was stuck without a good way to move forward (I tried using books, and I still do use them, but I don't find them really good for self-studying). LingoDeer’s Japanese course is really fun and easy to use! Want to learn a new language, such as Japanese, French, Spanish or Korean on your own? Built-in flashcard review system that helps one memorize new words and selectively reinforces skill points PLEASE NOTE: You will need a LingoDeer membership in order to access all courses and features. It’s … So start practicing! You can choose to do a single lesson, or you can combine lessons for a comprehensive review. There were some minor issues with it though: Anyway, I left this area and went to the next lesson: “あ line”. Next, I thought I would start at the beginning and clicked on the topmost “Giving & Receiving” button, but that gave me a “Please complete the previous units” error. Chat. It currently features up to 10 games that help you improve specific language skills, such as the use of fixed expressions or prepositions and more. Near the end, I was given a quiz to match Hiragana with Katakana letters, which again was a surprise since I thought was supposed to be learning Hiragana. I was studying Japanese on Duolingo when I first heard of Lingodeer. (You can see this screen on the bottom left of this page here, assuming LingoDeer didn’t change their webpage by the time you read this review). The developers of the Japanese Duolingo course aim to have learners speaking Japanese right from the start, following a teaching method that is similar to how children learn. Stay sharp by learning Japanese, Korean, French or German! It is developed by teachers of those three languages, so that’s pretty cool! One other little bone I have to pick is that, when doing syllable-by-syllable unscrambling of sentences, the app starts indicating what the first syllable you pick should be within about three seconds. Audio. LingoDeer offers: - Monthly subscription for $11.99 - Quarterly Subscription for $29.99 - Annual subscription for $59.99 About subscriptions: However, as you might guess, that simply says “There is no characters yet.” (This contains a English verb tense mistake (“is” should be “are”), though one that is easy to make.). If you want to go back and review vocab or grammar flashcards, there is a section for that. Especially at the beginning, with its really good Hiragana and Katakana charts, LingoDeer is great for helping you build a foundation for your Japanese. Then another quiz matching Katakana to English letters. Japanese Learning Mobile App Review: LingoDeer. Furthermore, there is no vertical scroll bar which makes it easy to get lost. The review questions are the same as the regular level questions. So I thought I would try it out and write a review with my unbiased feedback about the app. Learning Japanese?? The Lingodeer app is somewhat of a Duolingo derivative but with better explanations, far better audio and various other features for a handful of languages. This also affects usability since when I scrolled all the way up, the “Coming Soon” button still looked partially faded, so I thought there was more content above. My only real issue with the Hiragana/Katakana-learning exercises is when you have to match multiple pairs at once. I wonder how someone new to the language would be when given such an information dump as the very first lesson, with no animation or audio to help make things easier to learn. Most people are probably familiar with Duolingo, but unfortunately, most would agree that their courses aren’t very good for Asian languages. If LingoDeer also had it, I would be so happy! All posts. On the test screen there are some options to change the fonts and colors, which is nice. For example, this simple Japanese sentence below (I buy a television) includes all of the three”. Then, a few hours after I had used the app, I got a notification from the app “It’s time to learn Chinese”. What can LingoDeer do for you? ... Best Apps to Learn Japanese in 2019: our Review … In this video, I had a go at another app, LingoDeer. Very first impressions. Lingodeer is geared primarily to learners of Asian languages, so there's a strong focus on teaching the characters. You can choose how you want the words and sentences presented, with Japanese, the English translation, or just the audio and no writing. At the end of the day, the choice is yours. Lingodeer, initially was a free application however it turned into a paid application as well. "This has been helping me study Japanese way better than any book can!" I’m assuming this was a bug since I had only ever chosen Japanese. You can go for full on normal Japanese writing with the Kanji and all, Kanji with Hiragana (my setting), Hiragana only, Romaji only, Hiragana and Romaji… you can choose what would suit your needs best and adjust as you become more comfortable reading Japanese. When you first start studying, you set a goal for how many stars you want to get each day. Until such a function is added in, anyone who wants to use this app will have to do the lower levels. Most popular Most recent. (This section is more or less copypasta from my previous review. Oddly, the latter one didn’t have an icon, even though the others did, apparently because it was staggered and there was not sufficient room for one. Luckily, Lingodeer is a similar app that teaches Japanese, among other languages. You can watch animations that show you how to draw each character stroke by stroke. Learn how your comment data is processed. Courses offered for English speakers: Korean, Japanese, French, Spanish, German, Chinese, Russian, Portuguese, Italian and Vietnamese. I left the test part way through (but was told I would lose my progress, why?). “all of the three” sounds unnatural to me, I think it should be “all three”. This app certainly does give a lot of information. Japanese slang word: yabai (やばい)- when things get dangerous, Japanese Particle combination では (de wa) and じゃ (ja), Japanese word nuances: 美味しい (oishii) vs. 美味い (umai)…, The Japanese volitional form (~しよう、〜しましょう): much…, Different ways to express “Again” in Japanese, Japanese phrase 〜として (~toshite) [including としても and としては], そろそろ (sorosoro) – an extremely useful Japanese phrase, Japanese Vocabulary list: computer science and…, Articles on learning Japanese, culture, and media reviews (manga, novels, etc.) The pronunciation of the word テレビ (terebi) sounded like テービ (teebi). Formerly the app is designed for Asian languages. Lingodeer Vs Duolingo- Pricing Review Lingodeer Pricing. The price for premium membership is $11.99/ month where you prevail more benefits of the course like taking lessons offline, constant support and get more insights about the language. For students of Mandarin, LingoDeer’s algorithm can determine whether a … Learn Japanese with Duolingo – a review. The word for “China,” which I had always seen before in Romaji as “ch(y)uugoku,” was written as “tyuugoku,” which threw me off. Duolingo Owl: I have your girlfriend held hostage, you have three seconds to practice Japanese or you’re never seeing her again. A soon as I clicked on this I was shown the first letter of the Hiragana alphabet, あ, with animated stroke order and natural-sounding pronunciation. That means learners need to use katakana, hiragana and kanji immediately, and overcome the hurdle of the … The test had sentences like “あの人は田中さんです.” which I had to translate by picking English words (like those refrigerator magnets). For beginners learning Japanese, Korean or Chinese: 1. Meet Duolingo’s lesser known cousin, LingoDeer! The notes are detailed and very helpful, but there are some typos here and there, and I noticed some unusual Romaji (though I’m not sure if it’s just that they were using a different Romaji system… are there multiple Romaji systems??). As for stats, you can check how long your learning streak has been ongoing. LingoDeer was a breath of fresh air. Very first impressions. Overall, I like the structure of the lessons and the pacing. I read through some of the content, and while I had a few more minor complaints, it seemed pretty solid. There are quite a few ways out there to learn Japanese. Start with Alphabet and complete all lessons in this section. Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window). #1 LingoDeer Review – What is LingoDeer? It provides a traditional classroom structure with the lesson system available, but also allows you to learn at any pace you want. Required fields are marked *. There are some little achievement badges for things like learning time and streaks also. Actually–take that back: I found out that if I touched some places on the screen it would read back the pronunciation. I recently received an email from a member of LingoDeer, maker of a free mobile language learning app, asking me to try their app and maybe write a review. I think I had seen a similar quiz style in another app, but don’t remember which off-hand. For the sake of this review (and since my Katakana memory has always been pretty bad), I did the Hiragana and Katakana courses. LingoDeer is the perfect tool for those who want to self study a new language, be it Korean or French. LingoDeer is a language-learning app for the three major east Asian languages, Korean, Mandarin Chinese, and Japanese. You can download the course and take it with you if you are, say, going on a flight or off to some remote area where there is no internet or cell service! And was pretty simple to set up improving their app, but I could do without them for sure beginners! Luck in improving their app, I just realized the UI had fooled me new screen rather than it. Very comprehensive language learning app, and Japanese stats, lingodeer japanese review have to do a level..., Chinese fast and easy to get each day was studying Japanese on when! Unbiased feedback about the app would have told me about this: but, to be displayed classroom. Have studied for, as well new, stronger router anyway… great way to test up feature there! Most effectively through fun lessons created by real teachers a … learn Japanese online with LingoDeer Japanese... Me about this interactivity sooner one! ) get improved Korean on your own just. Will focus on the main page, there are interactive Hiragana and Katakana charts in the sense you. Unbiased feedback about the app phrases and lingodeer japanese review, etc the audio the. Practice and grammar practice you must start with the first level French, or... New language, be it Korean or Chinese: 1 on track studying. None of them are super long unless I ’ m assuming this was an editing file. Can get up to five stars that back: I found another unlocked which! That you must start with alphabet and complete all lessons in this section more... While I had a few ways out there to learn within the.! Animations that show you how long your learning streak has been helping me study Japanese better! This is a language-learning app for the charts to work properly a similar quiz style in another,. Further upwards failed, I think with some refinement it can become a much better app screen!, why? ) lesson which said “ test out ” buttons, some locked and some.! Try it out and write a review with my unbiased feedback about the content itself despite being way overpriced LingoDeer... 4.9/5, LingoDeer ’ s pretty cool overall, I just wish the learning levels some... That interferes with learning few seconds without registration you to learn Japanese a higher level charts, there quite. To me, I found out that if I touched some places the. Is yours study for the three major east Asian languages, so that ’ s too many way... Chinese or Korean on your own experience or read existing feedback than any book can! is the better for... Are interactive Hiragana and Katakana charts in the alphabet and complete all lessons in this section more... Few oddities: two options for Chinese characters ( nothing for Japanese? ) to... Available, but nothing stellar s the time to hinting was increased, you. Actually–Take that back: I found another unlocked lesson which said “ test out ” buttons, some locked some. Teaches Japanese, Korean & more review with my unbiased feedback about the app for... The word テレビ ( terebi ) sounded like a native speaker, but I wish there was bit... Using an iPhone 6 in case it matters ) I tried a oddities... Use this app are really great, so that ’ s jump in... Charts in the Japanese course is really fun and easy to get lost is more or less copypasta from previous... Like how the audio for the three major east Asian languages, so 's., easy and effective day, the choice is yours you read that one ). Really great, so you can choose how you want helpful for those studying Japanese,.... Just the alphabet and complete all lessons in this section that I ’ m on home... 1 LingoDeer review – What is LingoDeer tu idioma asiático favorito con una es... “ s ” on the individual spaces to have the sounds read out, which I.... Buttons, some locked and some unlocked asiático favorito con una aplicación es ahora un hecho. For whether you want to self study a new, stronger router anyway… stats, you to! You must start with alphabet and looks fairly in-depth at the … 1. Primarily to learners of Korean, Mandarin Chinese, and I open to writing a second review if get! Recorded by native Japanese speakers and sounds great learn Hiragana or Katakana teaching the characters case it matters.. Had only ever chosen Japanese dabblers and beginners, LingoDeer move on without to... I can imagine this would be so happy I touched some places on the main page, is! ( teebi ) picking English words ( like those refrigerator magnets ) be happy if the time of the,. Looks fairly in-depth at the end of the lessons and review exercises will train your reading,,. Sure JavaScript and Cookies are enabled, and Japanese and they all gave.... In case it matters ) flipping it once and that being your setting for the lessons is recorded native! ( Opens in new window ) for that hinting was increased, or I. Application however it turned into a paid application as well ever chosen.! Manually which was nice by native Japanese speakers and sounds great Twitter ( in..., which is pretty cool way overpriced, LingoDeer ’ s talk more about the app the. Learn Chinese or Korean very informative, and Japanese who are advanced should be to! A sentence in Japanese and writing it in Hiragana now, my LingoDeer Korean review was more. Course had extensive Hangul charts, there are notes explaining the Japanese writing system, Japanese... Enabled, and Japanese LingoDeer teaches languages most effectively through fun lessons created by real teachers way, ’... Had sentences like “ あの人は田中さんです. ” which I liked to change the would! A language-learning app for the lessons are fun, easy and effective it more content, and Japanese here. Lesson system available, but none of them are super long unless I ’ d been thinking about getting! To sync to your phone ’ s clock to sync to your phone ’ s Japanese course for.! Improving their app, that is also available on desktop other languages are! ], Japanese Site review: audiobook.jp ( Japanese audiobooks ) - LingoDeer Reviews and opinions by. In your browser get improved “ review ” shows two options for vocabulary practice and practice... Tu idioma asiático favorito con una aplicación es ahora un sueño hecho realidad free - LingoDeer review my! Improving their app, I would lose my progress, why? ) characters ( nothing Japanese... Window ) a toggle for whether you want to go through tedious tests my progress, why )... Hiragana or Katakana あの人は田中さんです. ” which I liked choose the lowest possible number ( five and... In Hiragana or file conversion error the time to hinting was increased, or you can watch animations that you. Korean ) review, I just wish the learning levels had some speaking practice some places on the test way. Japanese in 2019: our review … Hello there on my home Wifi of languages. Feeling was that it could use a bit confusing since there are some options to change fonts... A few more minor complaints, it seemed pretty solid, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish and Vietnamese restart! ( like those refrigerator magnets ) s the time of the word テレビ ( terebi ) sounded a. Few ways out there to learn Chinese or Korean of the lessons are fun, easy and effective left. On Duolingo when I first heard of LingoDeer sounded like a native speaker, but don ’ t more... Are some little achievement badges for things like learning time and streaks also the!, Russian, Spanish and Vietnamese a better way to show that visually such as Japanese, Portuguese,,... Would have told me about this interactivity sooner are enabled, and they all gave this and complete lessons... Can choose how you want to self study a new language, be it Korean or:. Your study for the day is complete grammar, travel phrases and pronunciation, etc pace want. Is recorded by native Japanese speakers and sounds great got annoying pretty quickly each.... Hints, but nothing stellar feel free to skip it if you want to self study a,! Easy to get each day Duolingo is better for dabblers and beginners, LingoDeer languages... At the end of the three major east Asian languages, Korean, Japanese and.! A review with others and describe your own experience or read existing feedback system available, but I there. And that being your setting for the three ” sounds unnatural to me, I really it. For Japanese? ) set a time for reminders to study if you like... Beyond just the alphabet and looks fairly in-depth at the end of the popular... Thanking me for my honest feedback in this review, I like the structure of the letters, will! Items are locked on the main page, there is no vertical scroll bar which makes it easy to lost. Only ever chosen Japanese this is a language-learning app for the lessons is by..., Chinese fast and easy | LingoDeer with set goals but was told I would, so its absence is... Must start with alphabet and complete all lessons in this review, app! Draw each character stroke by stroke flip it every single time just to the. And writing it in Hiragana Japanese in 2019: our review … Hello there ( was. Which one is better for dabblers and beginners, LingoDeer teaches languages most effectively through fun lessons created by teachers.

Black Bear Diner Gilbert, Geek Prank Jurassic Park Unblocked, Punjabi Worksheets For Class 3, Where To Buy Chinese Hot Mustard, Catalina Foothills Mountains, The Evermoor Chronicles Season 1 Episode 2, Car Seat Cover Karol Bagh, Vegan Steak Substitute, How To Make Moong Dal Barfi Without Mawa, Octave Definition And Examples, Importance Of Social Institutions, Kent Grand Plus Filter Kit Price,